Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oh, the goings on here at the Hacienda!













OK, I know I have not been posting anything as of late. But, I have been pouring through all of yours. We have been quite busy the month of July and I actually can't wait until the lazy days of fall to slow down. Or, at least it seems to me that fall is slower than the other months!
In the beginning of July the family took our yearly outing to Colorado. Oh, it was a WONDERFUL time. The kids had a great time hiking and swimming and climbing rocks. I just enjoyed the weather and the peacefulness of the mountains and the watching the kids love the outside. Here in Kansas, I can only get them to go out for snippets at a time because it's so hot and humid all the time. There, they are up and out the door before anyone else!

We also have had a death in the family. Poor Bug's chicken did not make it. She just never looked as healthy as the other ones and I knew it was going to happen and should have prepared her, but I um, "chickened" out and told her it must have run away. But we have had a rash of deaths here lately and I didn't want to add another, the fish have been keeling over left and right and I don't know why. So, we're actually up on animals for the moment. We replaced the two fish that died and also added two HORSES!!!!
Oh, they are beautiful. When the weather calms down around here, we'll ride them like crazy, but it's been so god awful hot and humid that Nooooobody wants to do anything outside. So I will leave for now and post pics of the horses and my pretty zinnias later.


















No comments:

Post a Comment