Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Countdown Begins.....


Well, the time is nearing to when we will make the big move. So far, it appears that all of us will not be going at the same time! The other half and the oldest boy will trudge on ahead, while the little ones and I will stay behind. As it stands, I don't think that I'm all that upset by it.

The weather in South Dakota right now is very, VERY cold and snowy. I don't mind the snow at all, but the -35 temps they have had can go to the birds, my Kansas butt can't take that just yet. I have to acclimate a bit before I just rush into it. I'm used to 20 one day and then 60 the next!

Other than that, nothing really newsy here on my end. I've been half heartily packing and downsizing. It just doesn't seem real yet. Maybe because we don't really have a home to go to yet? But we have a place for the horses and other animals until we find permanent digs.

I am also determined to have a last Christmas here. That way we can do a proper goodbye to all our close family and friends. So I'm digging out the 12ft. tree and decorations to deck the halls one last time.......

1 comment:

  1. Dear Heidi...time has changed your plans...we sure are going to miss you all! Hope that you will post from South Dakota...we want to see your new home and of course we want to keep track of those very special kids! Best wishes to you all! Love, Teri

    ReplyDelete