Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Ms. Peck and the Rest
















Well they have arrived and so far so good, they are still alive! We have christened three, but not the others. Not sure why, but pumpkinhead's is Ms. Peck, the Bug's is Charpe from HSM and the Tank's is T-Rex. They are entertaining to watch and sadly even I sat there for about 20 minutes until one laid an egg. I had never seen that before and was amazed. I told my other half about it and he just looked at me and raised his eyebrows. I guess it's to each his own! Now the girls want to move on to turkeys and guineas. I'm holding out to see how these do. They have actually turned out to be more of the pumpkinheads thing. The Bug got distracted by a turtle yesterday during the chores and pumpkinhead finished it by herself.





I can't blame the Bug, the turtle was pretty cool.





2 comments:

  1. Your "little farm" seems to be doing well...the kids seem to enjoy their first farm animals...it is just the beginning! Enjoy! Luv ya! Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have chickens! At least for a week or so. Seems like they might be messy!! I love your blog, very dear. And thanks for the advice about my girls (Brigid from Apple Fairy Farm, Teri's friend). Have fun! Oh, and by the way, I would love to see a chicken lay an egg!!

    ReplyDelete