Thursday, February 25, 2010

Brrr, it's cold outside.

It is going to be one of those days. The 3 year old woke up early and has been going full tilt since 7:00am. I haven't even had a full cup of coffee yet! Well, I took a step towards "egg" independence yesterday. I called a friend and inquired about owning chickens. He told me to speak with his wife, she being the egg-pert! So, I'll put a call into her today and see what we can do.

Today is going to be a lot of busy work for me. We have rentals, it seems that we already put one of the three R's to use. We reuse our homes. Every house we have owned, we keep and rent out. The downside to that is it always seems that when something goes wrong with one, another is sure to follow. So I have to call a plumber and a dryer repair man today!

The snow can go away now. I'm over winter and moving on to spring, with or without Mother Nature's help. I have already thought about the spring planting and am determined to get it in on time this year. I decided to move part of my garden closer to the house and actually have a "kitchen garden". Before the main garden was at the other end of the yard and we have a long way to trek to get to it. This way, and since I have been reading up on the subject when it's closer to the house, it doesn't have to be as large and is easier to maintain. I'm just going to do some tomatoes and cucumbers and just little things that I would normally buy. I'll keep posting as the weather thaws and I am more able to dig in the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Good Afternoon ~

    It sounds like you have had a busy day! Love hearing about your "kitchen garden" plans! I am looking forward to your "chicken" endeavor!

    Hugs~
    Teri

    ReplyDelete