Friday, February 26, 2010

Children and Chickens

All right, I'm beginning to learn that wisdom does come with age, but not when it's to a 13 year old boy. He's supposed to be confirmed in March and since I just started him with religious education, he's a little behind the other kids. We're basically fast tracking him to where his age group needs to be. Well I asked him yesterday, if he had met a certain requirement and he told me, that no, he hadn't done it yet. I spoke with his R.E. teacher and according to her, YES!!! he had. How can you forget your first confession????? I just shook my head and chalk it up to hormones and the changing of a boy into a mini man.

Finding info on chickens is a little harder than I thought. The biggest problem is there is too much information and trying to sort out what would accommodate our families needs is daunting. I'm going to call my friend after lunch and get the real answers. Hopefully, she can give me the perfect answers and I can present it to my husband in a way that makes it seem like a good idea. Then I'll put a call into my dear friends and have them help me with making a coop (since he's been telling me since I moved out to this acreage that I should have chickens)!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi~

    I like your post..."children and chickens"...how fun! Hope that you will find out more information on the chickens. I am sure your "dear friend" would love to help with your chicken coop! I enjoy all that you are sharing!

    Hugs~
    Teri

    ReplyDelete