Monday, April 5, 2010

April Showers?

Wow, this weather has transformed my yard into a green lush, prairie!
We need to mow this weekend. On Friday it was still half brown, with patches of green and then we got a rain and boom, it all turned green. Cool.
Our Easter weekend was nice and relaxing. All kids were healthy and had lots of fun at a birthday party egg hunt and then the neighbors invited them over for another one. Thankfully they got such a haul from the friends, that the Easter Bunny didn't have to bring too much candy.
My other half is what we call a Chreaster. He only goes to church at Christmas and Easter and I do all the other Sundays of the year. Well, he actually gave me a break and loaded all four kids and took them to Easter Mass by himself! I felt a little guilty for not going, but got over it pretty quick. Enjoyed an afternoon of digging in the gardens and chatting with the neighbors, without interruptions.
Our severe weather has already started here in lovely Kansas. Twice I have had to call friends to find out if we were under the tornado watch, despite the fact that they gave me a wonderful gift of a weather radio at Christmas! I keep losing the code to our area so I haven't set it up yet. Plus, I wouldn't be able to call them and ask about the weather! I promised that I would get it done today and since they do read my blog, I probably should get it done! Thank you Longs for keeping us safe.

1 comment:

  1. Hi ~ It sure sounds like your weekend was a nice one! You better get that weather radio set up! We love to hear from you...even if you get the radio up and running. Enjoy your evening! B & T

    ReplyDelete