Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Harmony, Simplistic, Peace?

I am going to get insightful today. Well, as much as my little brain will let me. I have a few gripes about the world I live in.
The first is laundry. I know it's a natural process that when there are 6 beings in a confined space, things get dirty. Also said, when all of the above are outside 75% of the time. For me it's not a zen thing while I sort and pile the clothes of my loved ones into the monster I call a washing machine. Oh I do get a bit of a buzz when the process is all over and things are folded and put away, but it is fleeting. The next time I turn around, the baskets are full and ready to go again. I keep trying to call upon the laundry gnomes and fairies, but they do not heed my call, maybe some of you know what I am doing wrong.
The second beef I have in the world is bathrooms. I detest cleaning them, it is not a wonderful thing. There is no magic formula to make it any easier. If there is a trick, I would love to hear it. I am at the end of my toilet brush. I guess I could hire a cleaning service, but I would feel like I would have to clean before they got here and that would defeat the purpose.
Those are the really the only things that get me down. If I can find balance in those things, my world would be in harmony. I guess this post wasn't as insightful as I thought, just grumpy.
On a lighter note, the sun is shining and the grass is growing, the kids are thriving and our little world is in sync. So I guess an answer to my own questions would be laundry and bathrooms be damned, revel in the moments we have now. Because remember, we are never promised tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Hi ~ Be thankful that the sun is shining, the grass is growing and your kids are the most wonderful kids I know...maybe I am a bit partial! You have four great kids...even though they do create baskets of dirty laundry and tend to forget to tidy up the bathroom! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes domestic chores need to be done,have another chat to those house gnomes, love and light Marie

    ReplyDelete