Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ahh, the itchings of Spring!

Tuesday's are a busy day for us here at the Hacienda and as I was somewhat discombobulated anyway, I did not get to sit at the computer. Today, although I am itching to get outside.(Once I get some of my household chores done first)
I'm discovering that living simply, is not as easy as I thought. It truly is a mindset that you have to immerse yourself in. I look at my garbage can overflowing and think to myself, I just changed it 24 hours ago. We generate a lot of trash! Granted there are 6 to 8 people living here at any given time, but still. I do believe that will be first on my agenda today, get my compost piles ready to go. Lets see if I can generate less trash.
Cooking from scratch is also hard. Half of the things I would like to make have ingredients that I don't normally stock in my kitchen. My initial outlay may be a bit expensive, but I'm going to try to track what I spend from cooking from scratch as opposed to cooking from ready-made and half scratch. I do know it will take some trial and error as my baking skills are subpar and need some time to hone. I've found some great websites that can help me along in this regard.
So I do believe that I will head out to finish my laundry and picking up so I can head to the store and buy my nesesities.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are getting things organized around your home! Be patient...it doesn't happen overnight! Thank you for sharing all of the interesting things that are going on in your home!

    ReplyDelete