Saturday, March 6, 2010

Cloudy Saturday!

Well, the weather will not deter me in my venture! I keep pressing the other half to get busy, and now I'm just moving forward with it myself :-) I put up a new compost bin today that is bigger than the other one I had and I built it myself!!!
The other half is actually talking about letting the chickens free range! I said nothing about it, he came up with it himself..... We'll see how long it lasts, I'm curious to see what they get into.
The new garden/tractor shed actually has a frame to it now. He just ran to the hardware store to get more lumber to finish it out, since we've actually used up most of the scrap that we had accumulated since we moved in. The major construction on our house is done, we just have to remodel two bathrooms and we can actually say the house is more or less finished on the inside. Now all our work will come on the outside of the 5 acres to landscape and garden. Ugh, it's a never ending process and I wish the weather here will cooperate, but it's Kansas, as soon as the major cold is done, we'll have 110 days. Yippee.
But, for now, I'm content to putter until I can get a structure for the chickens and since I watched a special on PBS last night about meat, I'm looking at maybe getting a cow for beef. It's scary to think about what is put in our food that we don't know. I truly think I'm done pretending that I'm ignorant about the food I eat and give my kids. We have enough allergies and asthma and eczema going around in the house I'm not going to add anything else.
OK, enough of my soapbox for today, I have to go finish up the mess I made before the rain hits and borrow the neighbors sewing machine so I can learn how to sew. Yeah, I'm just adding project after project to my lists of things to do. hee hee, Have a wonderful afternoon all.

1 comment:

  1. H~ Sounds like you have many things in the works at your home! Thanks for sharing! Hugs~ Teri

    ReplyDelete