Friday, March 5, 2010

Friday and then the weekend is here........

Oh, to be able to have the entire weekend to get out in the yard and work, but alas, they are calling for rain the entire weekend.
Well, yesterday I managed to get most of my seeds in their makeshift greenhouse and onto the mud porch to soak in the sun. I took some pictures along this time to document my progress. Hopefully, we will all be able to see my progress into this journey.
I also hit the grocery store last night and put some serious thought into what I was buying. I loaded up on the yeast and flour and basic necessities to make from scratch several of the things we normally eat. Next I'm going to check with the butcher to see if buying meat from him is any cheaper and cost effective, not to mention local?
The other half and I were talking about the benefits of the chickens and I really pressed the point of the eat TICKS, GRUBS( which we have a horrible mole problem) and little snakes!( Which we tend to get a lot of also.) I might have him convinced to not put the coop where he wants it and into an entirely different place altogether! Yea, I might get them quicker than I thought.
OK, I'm off to finish my daily chores, so I can get outside faster.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmmmm, ticks, grubs, moles and little snakes....sounds like my yard. Would love to have chickens some day.

    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like there is a lot going on at your home! Have a nice weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete